California Trails & Greenways provides trail professionals, advocates, volunteers and users with a venue for sharing practical, up-to-date trail management and advocacy skills; as well as a forum for networking and building support for accessible, inter-connected, sustainable non-motorized trail systems. Since 1985, this investment of knowledge by California State Parks and the California Trails Conference Foundation has helped ensure trail stewardship and leadership for generations to come.
California Trails & Greenways was developed by California State Parks and the California Recreational Trails Committee in 1984 to address the growing demand for technical assistance by trail professionals and volunteers throughout California. California State Parks’ Planning Division (through the Statewide Trails Section) and other agencies and nonprofit organizations contribute valuable in-kind services, off-setting much of the Conference costs through their donations of staff time and services.
California Trails & Greenways 2017 will be held at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on April 19-21.
Testimonials from previous conference attendees when asked if the Conference met their expectations:
- “Very impressed by the caliber of individuals that attended and the quality of the dialogue among professionals.”
- “First time attendee, I was impressed by the overall atmosphere and quality.”
- “Was energized by the variety of workshops and dedicated people. Was particularly inspired by the many partnership approaches.”
- “It was a well organized conference with many educational and thought-provoking sessions.”
- “I was able meet with other trail advocates and be reminded of varying perspectives. There are always a couple sessions that inspire me to try a new way to get things done.”