California Trails Conference Foundation
The mission of the California Trails Conference Foundation is to inspire recreational trail leadership through the annual California Trails and Greenways training event. To achieve this mission, the Foundation, in collaboration with California State Parks, will create venues that will enable trail professionals and advocates to:
- Learn from a broad range of high quality, up-to-date educational sessions, workshops, presentations and other teaching venues.
- Network for the purpose of learning from the experiences of others, seeking or giving advice, building support for trail endeavors, and finding partnership opportunities.
The California Trails Conference Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax deductible nonprofit organization that assists with the planning and operation of the California Trails & Greenways Conference; and serves as the Conference’s fiscal agent. The Conference is self-funded and all funds raised by the Foundation are applied directly to Conference costs.
California Trails & Greenways 2022
California Trails & Greenways is getting back to a traditional trails event format with an in-person gathering on April 27-29 in Modesto, CA! This year’s theme symbolizes the idea of getting back to business in the new landscape in which we are now operating. Hear from trails professionals about the strategies developed to re-create programs and services, adapt to health and safety requirements, and accommodate the increased public demand and resource impacts. Learn more about:
- Implementing new programs or projects that address increased visitation while still sustainably managing trails
- Developing new public engagement strategies
- Adapting park operations and facility requirements
- Cultivating new and unusual partnerships
- Working with stakeholders in innovative ways
- Adjusting operational procedures and processes that will now be permanent
- Securing novel funding opportunities
Join us in discovering innovative strategies for navigating the new normal!